- Appropriate medical certification by a medical examiner to at least Class 2. Although it is recommended to obtain this before the course, it is possible to get a medical clearance during training, but no later than before the first solo flight.
- The course can be started as early as 16 years of age and can be completed after the age of 17,
- Before the first solo flight, it is necessary to obtain a radio operator's licence which entitles the student to use a radio station
Theoretical knowledge is delivered over a minimum of 100 hours. Of which:
- 85 hours of self-study from the study materials provided
- 15 hours in the course of lectures with an instructor
The training is divided into nine courses in which we will teach you the necessary knowledge to pass the theoretical exams at the Civil Aviation Authority. The exams can be taken in Prague or Brno.
- Aviation law and ATC procedures
- General knowledge of aircraft
- Flight planning and execution
- Human performance and limitations
- Operating procedures
- Flight Fundamentals
The practical part of the private pilot training is divided into three parts of at least 45 flight hours.
- In the first one, we will take you through the basics of helicopter control, right up to the first solo flight!
- In the second part, we will focus on improving your piloting skills, practicing emergency procedures, instrument flying, advanced takeoffs, and landings - not only on the airfield but also in the field and on sloped surfaces
- The third part of the training is primarily dedicated to navigation flights through controlled areas across the Czech Republic. In this part, the student will complete, among other things, an independent navigation flight of at least 185 km with 2 landings at other airports.
The training is completed by a practical test with an examiner authorized by the aviation authority.